What is Energy? Definition, Different kinds of energy

What is Energy?


Just as some things in nature remain unchanged for a long time, similarly too many things are constantly changing. During each change, each object exchanges some energy with its surrounding material. The various changes we see in various substances are due to this exchange of energy. Since people understood how energy changes occur from one form to another, modern civilization has become possible.

In everyday life we use energy in a variety of ways - we use energy for walking and cycling, driving on roads and boats through the water, cooking food in the oven, lighting our homes and offices, making products, and sending astronauts into space, etc. In all of these activities, energy is being continuously exchanging from one object to another.

In physics, energy is defined as the ability to do work. Where the work is said to be done on an object when a force makes changes in the position of the objects. And the force is something that can change the shape and position of the objects.

What is Energy

According to classical physics, there are two entities of nature - matter and energy. They are both immortal. That is, matter or energy is not destroyed, only one form of energy can be converted into another form of energy, similarly, it is applicable to matter. From all these things came the law of conservation of mass and the law of conservation of energy.

However, in modern physics, according to Einstein's theory of relativity, it is possible to convert matter into energy and energy into matter. From which law of conservation of mass-energy is obtained.

Continue Reading
No comments
Share:

What is an LED? Definition, Types, Working Principle, and Uses

We all know, for a long time people used oil lamps, hurricanes to illuminate the night. At that time, the invention of the bulb gave a new direction to science. Now modern technology uses a lot of devices to generate light such as tungsten lamp, CFL, LED, etc. In all of them, the most efficient device to produce light is LED.

If you do not know much about it, this article is for you. Today, I am going to unlock the details of the LED. In this article, you will know -

1. What is an LED?
2. Symbol of LED
3. What are the types of LEDs?
4. How does LED work?
5. Uses of LEDs

Continue Reading
No comments
Share:

What is Matter? Definition, States of Matter

What is Matter?


According to classical physics, anything in this universe that has mass and volume (that occupies some space) is called matter. Matters are all around us, these are some things that you are seeing and touching every day such as rock, trees, anything you consume as food, whatever you drink, and the oxygen that you take in through breath are all matters.

Matter exists in different states (also known as phases) such as - solid, liquid, and gas – for example, water exists as ice ( solid form), liquid water, and gaseous steam – but other states of matter are possible such as plasma, Bose-Einstein condensates, fermionic condensates, and quark-gluon plasma.

All matters that we know so far are made up of atoms which are composed of electron, proton, and neutron. Atoms come together to form molecules, which act as building blocks for all kinds of matters. According to classical physics, matter, which is made up of electron, proton, and neutron is considered to be a particle for scientific interpretation.

But the concept of matter is further complicated when it comes to quantum mechanics. In the quantum mechanics view, matters behave both like particles and waves which is also known as the duality nature of matter.

But the matter we are talking about is only 5% of the entire universe. The remaining 95% of the universe is made up of dark matter and dark energy, which is completely unknown to us.

Continue Reading
No comments
Share:

What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Explained

What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?

Contents:

1. What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
2. History of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
3. Types of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
4. How does Artificial Intelligence (AI) Work?
5. Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Continue Reading
No comments
Share: